Monday, July 28, 2014

Motivation for Your Monday

Hello dear friends!

Today's motivation was soooooo easy to pick.


During the latter end of last week I got this itch to just get rid of stuff.  I've been struggling to work creatively and I felt so weighed down by all the unneeded and unwanted stuff in my house and in my brain.  My house was, by no means, cluttered, but we still had boxes in the basement from our move a year and a half ago and we still have a bunch of boxes in garage full of old stuff.  But I spent every spare moment Wednesday - Friday going through boxes and recycling, trashing, or putting things in another box to go to Goodwill.  On Saturday, Jake and I deep cleaned the house and then we packed up the back of the SUV and took all the Goodwill stuff away.  There are still things to go through, but I feel a lot better.

As far as the clutter in my brain, I feel like it has also decreased as I physically got rid of things in the house.  After a bit more organizing in the basement, I am going to be all set to work creatively without all the baggage hanging around.

So, what's weighing you down that you can let go of?  Does your home and brain need a good "spring cleaning"?







currently listening to: Riptide by Vance Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment